Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: My dyno time with Jim....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well kids...I wanted to bring some life to hostboard....so here it is:
    IMG 0594
    As you all may noticed I did not get my goal of 215 whp. However, I can work with this just fine. I can't believe how hard this thing pulls now. Even with the LSD it is hard to catch traction in first. I guess the ES 100s need to go. The torque curve is just so damn flat. So, while it makes 206 whp, it is the 173 ft/lbs that throw you back and boy does it. The nice thing is that 150 of those ft/lbs are available @ 2500.I was not able to rev it up as high as I had hoped but it is the stock cams that did me in there. There was no point reving the piss out of it and we set the rev limiter to 7200
    Jim Helbing@ Motorvations Motorsports in Trussville, AL did the tuning and what a great tuner he is. Hell...the base map he made up made 199 WHP on the first run. But, I guess when you specialize in Honda/Acura JRSC/turbo stuff you get good after a while. He does NA work too. If you want a build/work done/tuning, I highly recommend him. Lastly..she idles better than stock and part throttle is wonderful. The A/F ratio line is really flat too. Thanks Jim!!!!!!!!!

    Edit: Here are a couple of pics and a video of when she was on the dyno:
    http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...t=MVI_0589.flv
    You can really hear the supercharger scream!

    IMG 0582

    IMG 0583

  2. #2
    Inactive Member blownLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awesome! I am impressed! Now get her on a drag strip!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    It is hard to find one around here...they are all closed within 3 hours of here.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Steele is still open on Friday nights... come on over and I will go with you.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to but that is a 6 hour drive for me. I may just have to wait til I get back from the desert in May. I was having some pinging issues in the lower RPMs so I retarded my timing just a hair and the pinging went away. Maybe I got some bad fuel? I will have to see.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 16, 2006 07:39 PM: Message edited by: PickleTeg ]</font>

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!! You broke 200HP with stock cams? Nice...

    I sold my Integra over a year ago but wasn't able to break 200 HP - the next step was cams...

    What are you using for fuel tuning?? I had the MAP mod, BTC and a VAFC.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was using RC440s and Hondata S200b. I wonder what a set of Crower Turbo cams would do for me...they are high lift, low duration.....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Moad'Ib's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2002
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great job, Jim. Still doing excellent work. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •